Organic Blue Agave Recipes
Wholesome Sweeteners Organic Blue Agave is a natural sweetener extracted from the core of the Blue Agave plant.
- Sweet, mild nectar is 25% sweeter than sugar (so more is less!)
- A perfect multi-purpose sweetener for beverages, fresh fruit and general table-top use
- Blue Agave is non-crystallizing and quick dissolving.
- Glycemic index of 39 or less; 55 or below is classifed as low glycemic
- Natural sweetness without the blood sugar spike
- No refrigeration required
- Wholesome Sweeteners' agave nectars have been tested by an independent glycemic lab
- Glycemic index will vary from person to person, depending on how each person metabolizes sugar, and on other foods consumed at the same time.
- The results of glycemic response tests in human subjects are subject to biological variability and may vary depending on the methods used.
Blue Agave has a bright sweetness that quickly dissipates. Perfect in baked goods, fresh fruit and smoothies, salad dressings and savory sauces.
- Use as a one-for-one replacement for sugar, then adjust to your own personal taste. Some chefs prefer to use 75% as much Blue Agave nectar as they would sugar in a recipe, but others prefer a straight 1:1 replacement.
- Reduce the other liquids in a recipe by up to 30%.
- Cook lower and slower: reduce your baking temperature by about 25 degrees and bake for a little longer.
Serving Size: 1 Tablespoon (21g)
Servings per package: varies depending on the package size
Calories per serving: 60
Calories from fat: 0
Total fat (g): 0
Saturated fat (g): 0
Cholesterol (mg): 0
Sodium (mg): 0
Total carbohydrate (g):16
Dietary fiber (g): 0
Sugars (g): 16
Proteins (g): 0
Calcium (mg): 0
Iron (mg): 0
Ingredients: Organic Blue Agave nectar (light)
Product of Mexico.
Certified Organic by Quality Assurance International
The pH of Organic Blue Agave syrup is 4.3 to 4.8, which makes it very stable and prevents fermentation. While we recommend storing Organic Blue Agave syrup with the lid on and in a dark cool environment, refrigeration is optional. The recommended shelf life is 2 years minumum after opening, but we have NEVER met anyone who needed to test that limit. It's too delicious to last that long!
The date code stamped on each bottle consists of 6-7 digits that identify the production date and facility. For example, 07-001-Z would indicate that the product was produced on January 1, 2007 at facility "Z."
Product code: 20121
UPC Code: 012511-201210
Product code: 20231
UPC Code: 012511-202316
Product code: 20441
UPC Code: 012511-204419
Wholesome's Fair Trade Certified, organic and natural sweeteners are available at most grocers, natural health food stores and cooperatives.
Hecho en Mexico: Organic Blue Agave Production & Processing
Honey Tasting ... & A Touch of Agave
Agave vs. HFCS: Fact vs. Fiction
Agave Nectar & How to Use It. (Downloadable)
A Message from Nigel Willerton, CEO, about Organic Blue Agave